Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Julie & Julia at the Movies


I went to see the "Julie & Julia" movie two nights ago. It was wonderful. It makes me want to be a dedicated blogger. And a better cook. I am a good cook. I have a Julia Child's cookbook. But cooking really good, inspired meals cuts into one's painting time...

I had good news yesterday. My paintings will be in the April issue of Watercolor Artist Magazine which comes out in February. I feel safe in saying this because there is an actual date assigned! A good friend of mine (you know who you are) waited until the magazine was practically on the stands before she told anyone, but I cannot keep a secret when it's about me and it's good news!

Here's an orchid painting I finished about two weeks ago.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I will be looking forward to seeing the article.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic! I, too will be looking forward to it. Also, your orchid painting is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Could it be moi? ;-D

    The upcoming article will be fabulous, just like your art!!

    ReplyDelete